Birth Doula Package
- 2 prenatal visits, in person.
- Text, phone, and email support from hiring to 6 weeks postpartum.
- Includes Brood’s Family Membership, with access to our 5 online courses, virtual private clubhouse, and the member’s area.
- Hands-on demonstration and teachings of comfort methods and labour positions with a guidebook.
- Colostrum collection kit with written and video instructions.
- Continuous in-person support throughout labor and until 2 hours after birth.
- Support with comfort techniques and pain relief including a TENS machine, labour link, aromatherapy, and yoga ball.
- First feed and newborn care support.
- 1-2 hour in person visit focusing on newborn care and easing your transition.
- Text and phone support, throughout the fourth trimester.
- Personalized referrals to postpartum resources.
What languages do you speak?
English and Tagalog.
What is your personal definition of “doula”?
A support person that not only gives informational advice and recommendations but also advocates for a pregnant person’s voice to ensure their birth experience and recovery is a positive and enjoyable journey.
What brought you to birth and postpartum work?
I noticed in school that the subject that I was most interested in was pregnant people and child development. Previously working in a community center, I had the opportunity to teach first-time parents about pregnancy and newborns. The more I learned, the more I knew birth and postpartum work was for me. As soon as I learned what a doula was, I jumped into this amazing opportunity and never looked back.
In a climate of caregiver burnout, how are you caring for yourself?
When not on-call or at a shift, I commit to my off days so I don’t overflow my workload — spending time with family recharges my energy, expanding my skills in hobbies like crochet and cooking.
What is a standout book, movie/tv, etc about the childbearing/parenting journey that you return to?
- ItsJudysLife, is a YouTuber.
- I love watching her birth vlogs, her pregnancy journey for all 5 kids, and managing to adjust to life with one child, twins, having a baby during covid, and now a 5th child. I admire her family very much!
- Birth Doula Training, Doula Canada.
- Infant and Pregnancy Loss course, Doula Canada.
- Postpartum Doula Training, Doula Canada.
- CPR C Certification.
- Health Sciences Clinical and Lab Training, SFU.
- HighFive Training and Certification.
FOR YOUR PERSONAL LEARNING, WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP/TRAINING ON YOUR RADAR?
- Placenta Encapsulation.
- Childbirth Education Training.
Brood strikes again! I used Brood’s Doula service with my first pregnancy in 2020 for about 5 to 6 overnight visits which nearly saved my bleary-eyed postpartum life. Covid isolation sucks. With baby number two I wasn’t messing around and got the full meal deal. I have never felt so supported and felt genuine, love, interest, and care in the outcomes of my newborn baby. We had a health scare early on and our postpartum doulas were nothing short of heroes. I cannot recommend this service enough. We are blessed to be able to afford it and if I could go back in time, Brood gift cards would be the only thing I would’ve put on my baby registry. Thank you, Brood for giving me the gift of sleep, advice, and late-night hang time. You made my second postpartum journey, a breeze and allowed me to truly enjoy my little one. I can’t thank you all enough. — Liz M
We had Sheila Mae assist us during our newborn phase for night services and she was amazing. She arrived on time and was great with our son. This was so helpful as me and my husband were able to sleep stress-free knowing he was in good hands. The Brood Care team was very efficient in setting up our night doula services. Contact and invoices were easy and simple which I really appreciate while having a baby. I have already recommended your services to others and will continue to do so as it was amazing. Thank you! — N S