What languages do you speak?
English and Farsi.
What is your personal definition of “doula”?
A doula is a supportive and knowledgeable companion who provides emotional, physical, and informational support to individuals and their families during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period to ensure a positive and personalized experience during this journey.
What brought you to birth and postpartum work?
As a doula, I was drawn to birth and postpartum work by a deep passion for supporting and empowering individuals during the transformative journey of pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period. My journey into birth and postpartum work was driven by my extensive experience as a midwife for over 12 years. This motivated me to continue my commitment to assisting and empowering individuals during these period as a doula.
In a climate of caregiver burnout, how are you caring for yourself?
I actively balance my work and personal life, set clear boundaries, and engage in regular exercise, gardening, and meditation. These practices help me maintain my well-being and continue offering quality care to my clients.
What is a standout book, movie/tv, etc about the childbearing/parenting journey that you return to?
- The Birth Hour
- The Business of Being Born
BIRTH & POSTPARTUM
- Advanced Full Spectrum Doula Training, Cornerstone Doula Trainings
- Capstone Canada, Cornerstone Doula Trainings
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Training, Canadian Red Cross
- Coach Preparation for Pregnancy Training, University of Medical Science
- B.S Midwifery, Azad University (IAU) School of Nursing & Midwifery
FOR YOUR PERSONAL LEARNING, WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP/TRAINING ON YOUR RADAR?
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Nursing Support
- Meditation and Relaxation Techniques