Birth Doula Package
- 2 prenatal sessions.
- Text and phone support, from hiring to 4 weeks postpartum.
- Colostrum collection kit.
- Referrals to community services.
- On call 24/7 from 36 weeks until you go into labor.
- Access to Brood’s Family Portal and Pregnancy, Birth & Right After course.
- Continuous, one-on-one support from early labor onwards until 2 hours after birth.
- Use of:
- Hands-on comfort measures.
- Breathing techniques.
- Position suggestions.
- Ensuring birther and support team stay hydrated and fed.
- First feed, latching, and newborn care support immediately after birth.
- Birth photography and videos (using an iPhone).
- 1 in-person (or online visit) to debrief your labor together and check in about your healing post-birth.
- 1 in-person postpartum doula session (3 hours and in your home).
- Text and phone support until 4 weeks postpartum.
- Assistance seeking postpartum resources.
What languages do you speak?
What is your personal definition of “doula”?
Someone who is there to support you in whatever it is that you need, emotionally, physically, practically.
What brought you to birth and postpartum work?
Family experiences. In my formative years, one of my older sisters became a young single parent, and I helped her through her pregnancy, postpartum, and then parenting journeys. Then as an adult, another sibling invited me to be a part of her birth. There was a marvelous doula there, and I realized this was something people could actually do!
In a climate of caregiver burnout, how are you caring for yourself?
Singing, therapy, time with loved ones, nature, downtime, and painting.
What is a standout book, movie/tv, etc about the childbearing/parenting journey that you return to?
- Call The Midwife
- Birth Doula Training, DONA at Mothering Touch.
- Abortion Doula Training, BADT.
- Foundations in Best Practice for Lactation Care, Evergreen Perinatal
- Three-Hour Nursing Workshop for Doulas, DONA at Mothering Touch
FOR YOUR PERSONAL LEARNING, WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP/TRAINING ON YOUR RADAR?
- More abortion support education.
- Queer Conception.