Birth Doula Package
- 2 prenatal sessions; one virtual and one in-person.
- Text and phone support, from hiring to 6 weeks postpartum.
- Curated evidence-based and trauma-informed digital Birthing Resource Packet.
- Personalized referrals to community services.
- Continuous, one-on-one care, from early labor onwards until 2 hours after birth.
- Use of; TENS machine, Rebozo, Labour Link, acupressure, movement, aromatherapy.
- First feed, latching, and newborn care support.
- Birth photography & videos.
- 2 postpartum sessions; one virtual and one in-person; newborn care, half-day session.
- Text and phone support, for the first 6 weeks postpartum.
What languages do you speak?
English and some French.
What is your personal definition of “doula”?
A champion of positive and empowering birth experiences. To create a secure and calm environment for the birth giver and partner(s), to hold space for the questions to be asked and discussed.
What brought you to birth and postpartum work?
When I was very young and realized that every person I’d ever meet, was grown in a body and birthed from a body; a thread that connects us to each other, I was hooked… I marvel at the strength of the birthing body, its power, its beauty, its ability to transform.
In a climate of caregiver burnout, how are you caring for yourself?
By showing myself empathy and appreciation of effort.
What is a standout book, movie/tv, etc about the childbearing/parenting journey that you return to?
- We’re Mammals by Shahrzad Tayebi
- Working Moms
- DONA Birth Doula training.
- Member and Mentor of the South Community Birth Program team.
- TraumaTalks: Trauma-Informed Care for Birth and Postpartum Professionals.
- Pain, Suffering, and Trauma in Labour and Prevention of Subsequent PTSD with Penny Simkin, PT, CCE, CD(DONA) Anti-Racism Tools for the Doula Bag.
- Pelvic Floor Health-Kim Vopini.
- Registered with Doula for Aboriginal Families Grant Program (DAFGP).
- Anti-Racism Tools for the Doula Bag
- BA Psychology, University of Calgary.
- BFA Dance and Painting, Simon Fraser University.
FOR YOUR PERSONAL LEARNING, WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP/TRAINING ON YOUR RADAR?
- Spinning Babies® Workshop.
Thank you so much for being our rockstar doula! We are so thankful to have had you with us during our baby’s entry into this world. — Lilli & Andy
Thank you so much for being part of our birth story. We will always remember your gentle presence and genuine care.— Robin & Chris
Thank you so much for being a part of our birth experience. You made us feel so taken care of. You were an integral part of making those 36 hours of labor go so smoothly. We truly appreciate all that you did. — Alex & Justin
Thank you so much for all your care and support. It was so helpful to have your calm, positive presence at our side throughout this process. — Fiona & Paul
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we brought our baby into the world. Your calm, experienced presence was such a support to Darcy and I. We know you didn’t get a chance to ring in the New Year, so we have added a bottle of champagne for a delayed celebration with your family. Thank you, again! — Cathy & Darcy