Birth Doula Package
- 2 prenatal sessions either in person, virtual, or combined
- Text, phone, and email support as needed.
- Referrals to community services and programs.
- Includes Brood’s Family Membership, with access to our 5 online courses, virtual private clubhouse, and the member’s area.
- Colostrum collection kit with written and video instructions.
- Continuous care throughout early labor and delivery.
- Use of TENS machine, massage, guided meditation, music, movement, counterpressure, and more.
- First feed and newborn care support.
- Birth photography and videos.
- 1 – 2 in-person visits focusing on newborn care, easing the transition, and accessing support.
- Text, phone, and email support.
- Personalized referrals and accompaniment to appointments help to transition back into the world (first public outings, short walks, etc).
- Car seat safety and education, baby-wearing resources, and tips.
What languages do you speak?
What is your personal definition of “doula”?
A transitional support worker, who is part educator, part friend, and always in your corner.
What brought you to birth and postpartum work?
I have always loved the smallest of creatures and have worked in childcare — helping family and friends postnatally throughout my life. I decided to take a leap of faith and dive fully into birth work, feeling more and more that we need folks who can help us create a foundation and community for raising children.
In a climate of caregiver burnout, how are you caring for yourself?
I love to take time for myself when I can, preferring to be in nature whenever possible and often crafting something with my hands, or diving into a good book.
What is a standout book, movie/tv, etc about the childbearing/parenting journey that you return to?
I have been following a UK creator Bryony (Precious Star Pads) throughout her journey as an entrepreneur, solo foster parent, and now a solo mother by choice. I love her in-depth journey through all things reproductive health, fertility, pregnancy, and postpartum throughout the past few years!
- Labor and Birth Doula training, Doula Training Canada.
- Postpartum Doula, Doula Training Canada.
- Bachelor in Psychology, Thompson Rivers University.
- Child Passenger Safety Educator II, Red Cross, and BCAA.
- CPR-C and AED, Standard First Aid.
- Naloxone Carrier.
FOR YOUR PERSONAL LEARNING, WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP/TRAINING ON YOUR RADAR?
- Infant and Pregnancy Loss course and a Fertility Coaching course, with Doula Training Canada.
- I’m curious about babywearing, end-of-life care, menopause care and education specifically designed for at-risk pregnancies.